Questions About Cataract Surgery
1Should I arrange to have a friend or family member drive me?
We do not recommend driving immediately after cataract surgery. If you are unable to secure a ride, please call our main office at 727-372-1311 and we will schedule you with one of our transports.
2How long should I expect to be at the surgical facility?
Typically, you shouldn't be in the facility longer than 6 hours. However, some people may need to stay longer. If you have a friend or family member who is providing transportation to you after surgery, please have them contact the surgery center to receive updated status reports and an estimated time of discharge.
3What should I bring with me to my surgery?
- Bring your prescriptions as instructed by your physician.
- Bring your insurance or Medicare card/s.
- Bring along cash or credit cards to cover any co-pay or coinsurance due.
- Bring a complete listing of all prescription drugs that you are currently taking, including dosage and strength and enough of your medications that you would typically take in an 8 to 10 hour period. PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR REGULAR MEDICATIONS AT YOUR USUAL TIMES UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN.
- A "zip up the front" sweater or jacket that is easily put on or removed.
- Bring someone with you to drive you home or have someone that is coming to pick
4What should I not bring or wear?
- Do not wear jewelry or body piercing of any kind.
- Do not wear any make-up (facial or eye)
- Do not wear any turtleneck shirts
- Do not wear any perfumes, deodorants, lotions or hair products.
- If you wear contact lenses, do not wear them, however, you should bring your current prescription eyeglasses, even if you do not currently wear them.